top of page
Challenge: To build a service in an existing product, but for different target demographics other than the existing one.
Deliverables: Problem statement. User Survey. User needs. User Personas. Competitive analysis. User Flow. Wireframe. Hi-Fi. Improvments
Team: 4 members
My Role: Product designer
Time: 2 weeks [Apr 2023]
Envision a world where children are bursting with imagination and creativity, but are unable to bring their visions to life because they lack the right tools. This can stifle their growth and prevent them from fully expressing themselves, hindering their cognitive and emotional development. That's where Canva Jr. comes in - a platform that empowers children with different tools that are accessible, fun, and designed just for them, so they can unleash their imagination and take their first steps towards becoming creative problem-solvers of tomorrow.
kids like to click photo and share their stories with others
Needs parent's intervention for doing assignments
Loves to draw/sketch digitally. create poster or birthday cards
Owns digital devices/ ipads/ laptops for school work
1. Children need a tool that is fun and interactive to unleash their creativity.
2. There is also a demand for a creative outlet, which is easily accessible, and boosts the motivation of kids.
3. They also require a platform that allows them to draw or maintain personal diaries independently, within a secure environment.
4. An application that assists them to create something all by themselves and feel proud of it
5. A means through which kids can write travel journals or maintain scrapbooks all by themselves
With a strong focus on accessibility and independence, I utilized Figma, to bring my vision to life. Additionally, I aimed at reducing visual clutter and keeping the interface clean and straightforward, to empower children and, fostering their creativity and self-expression.
1. Parental control interface can be added, so they can monitor the child's progress, and make sure it is a safe environment for them.
2. Under parental guidance, there can also also be a subscription modal setup, so kids can have accessed to sticks and paid templates like features
3. 'Favourite' button can be added to the application
4. In the app, while drawing, children can view images in 4D and color accordingly
bottom of page